FRIENDS AND PATRIOTS,
I’m late getting this month’s column out. For the first time in about 10 years Terri and I were able to have a vacation away from home. We spent 3 weeks traveling the West. One of those weeks was spent in Driggs, Idaho with my kids, grandkids (minus my granddaughter Hannah) and my great grandkids. Spending that quality time with family is the richest of blessings, but too infrequently accomplished. Terri and I toured the Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks, spent two nights in Cody, Wyoming visiting friends and the Buffalo Bill Museum (a fantastic museum). We then travelled through some beautiful countryside through Montana, visiting the Little Big Horn battlefield, went through North and South Dakota including Mount Rushmore, to Dodge City, Kansas then home. It was wonderful!
I noticed upon our return to Texas that the relentless attacks by the Socialist/ Communist democrats upon President Trump has not lessened. They cannot compete on policy issues for they have no policy other than to seek and gain power for themselves. This came through loud and clear during their candidate debates. Then we suffered the senseless and vile killings in El Paso and Dayton, and these Socialist/ Communists shout that it was President Trump’s fault. Notice that the Dayton killer was a supporter of Elizabeth Warren. But has anyone heard her being blamed? Worst of all is the egregious political use of these tragedies by the these foul people to again call for elimination of the Second Amendment through gun control. When Cain slew Able, God did not blame the rock used, but Cain. These Socialist/ Communist democrats cry that President Trump is a racist, white nationalist and divisive. Yet, the President has spoken out against and condemned racism and so-called “white nationalism” on multiple occasions. I find it incredible and repulsive that these Socials/ Communist democrats call President Trump divisive when they shout for resistance, disruption and that the President is not welcome in El Paso. All of this proves to me that these Socialist/ Communist democrats are taking their marching orders from the Nazi and Lenin playbook that if you tell a lie often enough and loud enough, people will believe it! We are seeing this play out through the democrat party because they have no policy to compete with the success of the President!
I ask each of you to daily pray for our President and other leaders that they remain strong and committed to our Constitutional Republic, our traditional values enshrined in the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights! And may God Bless and save our Nation!
STRENGTH AND HONOR
Wow, August is here! Where has the summer gone? I just returned home from a mission trip to Ghana Africa. It is great to be home, but what a wonderful experience. And a great reminder of how fortunate we are to live in America. We often take such principles as “rule of law”, “peaceful transition of power” and “free elections” for granted. We must maintain these principles of freedom. And that is why I am so proud to be a Republican, freedom’s defender. But we have our work laid out for us, as we prepare for the 2020 elections. There is plenty to do! Lend us a hand! And how can I help, you ask? Here listed are some of the activities over the next 18 months for your consideration and involvement. Your participation makes a difference! ****We need float riders for the Republican Float (trailer), Westfest Parade, Aug 31st at 10am. We will decorate the trailer about 830am in West. Come lend us a hand.
- Aug 13 2019 McLennan County Republican Women’s Mtg, 1130am, Waco Hilton
- Aug 15 2019 McLennan County Republican Club Mtg, 1145am, Knox Hall
- Aug 31 2019 Westfest Parade 10am. Decorate trailer at 830am.
- Sep 10 2019 County Executive Committee (CEC) Mtg, 630pm, County HQs
- Sep 2019 Pastoral Pro-Life Breakfast sponsored by our local Republican Party
- Oct 2019 Local Pastors focus on Pro-Life
- Oct 2019 HOT Fair, Republican Party will not have a booth this year
- Nov 9 2019 First day to file for the 2020 ballot
- Nov 11 2019 McLennan County Veterans Day Parade
- Dec 9 2019 Last day to file for the 2020 ballot
- Feb 2020 Early voting begins for 2020 Primary
- Mar 3 2020 Primary Election Day
- Mar 2020 McLennan County Republican Convention
- May 2020 State of Texas Republican Convention
- May 26 2020 Run-Off Election Day
- Aug 29 2020 Westfest Parade
- Oct 2020 HOT Fair, Republican Party will have a booth
- Oct 2020 Early voting begins for General Election
- Nov 3 2020 General Election Day
- Nov 11 2020 McLennan County Veterans Day Parade
I have already begun to look forward to a great success of the Republican Party in 2020 because of your proven hard work and dedication. I look forward to serving with you!
In 2020, FINISH STRONG!
BrigGen (Ret) George A. Brinegar